Saturday, August 2, 2008

We're Back!


The mood all over the camp was somber Friday morning as campers got up and finished packing before going to breakfast. Everyone was tired, sad to leave their friends, but so happy to have had this experience. Before we left the counselors gave each camper an award, some were for archery, or swimming, others for being inquisitive. We even had a few campers of the week. Then a great slide show, recapping our week's fun, was played for everyone to enjoy. Then it was time to say thank you and goodbye before boarding the buses and heading home.
Thank you to the friends and family members who have been checking the photos. It came to my attention that it was taking a lot of time to load photos from the link so I have gone ahead and separated the photos from Sunday to Tuesday and then Wednesday thru Friday. Since these are two different links it should be faster to upload and view. We hope you enjoy the photos and please share them with your campers.
Now that I have had a little time to catch some sleep, I need to say thank you as well. First of all to the camp staff, thank you for all your patience, knowledge, and guidance with our youth. As always you did a spectacular job in every aspect. To Myra and Vicki, our Robeson County volunteers, thank you does not cover it. You walked on to the buses and kept control, tried everything there was to try at camp, and even took a hike in the woods, and loved every moment, and still want to go back next year for another adventure. You kept us on our toes, laughing, and enjoying. To Chris and Julia it is now a tradition that we all camp together and I can't imagine camp without your enthusiasm and humor. To my fellow 4-H agents, Lauren and Michelle, I know this is our job, but weeks like this have made it my pleasure.
Most importantly, thank you to the parents, campers and sponsors. Without all of you this week would not have been possible. We hope you will consider camping with us again and sharing your camp comments either on the blog or via e-mail or phone because we would love to hear what you have to say. Thank you again for this year.
Please feel free to subscribe to the posts on this blog so you can keep up with everything going on in Robeson Count 4-H.

3 comments:

kool_kids said...

I can tell that everyone had a great time. Megan was out early Friday evening. I know she had a great time. She seems to be a different person. It is difficult to explain. She definately wants to go back and also when she turns 15, she wants to be a LIT. I am so proud of her. My little girl is growing up. :)

Richmond 4-H said...

Hey Shea Ann& Robeson County 4-H! I slept till 3 pm Saturday, but I'm all good now & back at Summer Fun in Richmond County! Thanks for helping make camp a great week & I'm definitely looking forward to next year.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful! I feel like I went to camp...great pictures and running commentaries to keep all informed and wishing they were there as well! Hope you've caught up on lost sleep!