Monday, June 4, 2018

Welcome to our 4th Summer Intern


Greetings Everyone,
    I am Kobe Purdie, an agriculture intern for the Robeson County North Carolina Cooperative Extension Center. I am a Robeson county resident, where I was born and raised. I attended South Robeson High School where I found the passion for agriculture after joining the FFA chapter and taking on numerous leadership roles. I give credit to my agriculture teacher who got me involved in agriculture when taking his class. I knew that from the first semester of taking his agriculture class that I wanted to take it a step further and pursue a degree in agriculture. I learned that by continuing my education in agriculture, I would be able to solve global issues dealing with agriculture or related.
    By my senior year of high school, I had worked my way up to the position of vice president of our FFA chapter. As you can tell so far, I am very passionate about agriculture. Working with the agriculture agent, I will be performing various tasks. I will be making various farm visits along with the agents as well helping with the 4-H camps being held. I am very excited to have the chance to work with the cooperative extension staff here in Robeson county where I will be learning many things about the extension service. I am currently a student of North Carolina Agriculture and Technical State University, a rising sophomore, majoring in environmental studies. I plan to use my degree to work with the extension service or with the USDA to help serve this county in its agriculture practices.

No comments: