Monday, May 21, 2018

Welcome To our Second 4-H Alum


Greetings Everyone,


I am Taleek Harlee, and North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Robeson County Center, has welcomed me as the new 4-H intern.  I am a Robeson County native who attended Purnell Swett High School, where I found my love for agriculture through our Future Farmers of America (FFA) Organization.  
It was my guidance counselor who put me in my first agricultural class, which lead me to finding my true passion.   I knew from that first semester of my agriscience class that this was my true passion and that I could make a career out of this field.  Later that year, I became a prominent member of the Purnell Swett FFA Chapter, where I served on many committees and took on different leadership roles.  
By my senior year of high school, I was elected president of our chapter.  Under my leadership, I wanted the students at Purnell Swett to know that FFA was not just about agriculture, which lead to the campaign “Not Just Agriculture.”  Our efforts were to educate others who were not part of FFA that we were about more than just agriculture and its teachings.
I’m pretty sure by now you can tell that I really love agriculture.  As the 4-H intern, I will assist in many various programs and events with 4-H as well as other Extension programs.  It is a wonderful feeling when you have the opportunity to work with and serve the organization which you love so much and were once a part of.  I am very excited to work alongside all of the wonderful staff members at Cooperative Extension – it will make the experience worthwhile.
During the course of my internship, I will be helping with the planning of summer camps and the implementation of other programs throughout the summer.  My goals as intern are to provide 4-H youth with the needed life skills to be able to succeed and to also help our county youth reach their full potential.
This internship will give me firsthand experience in Extension’s programs.  I’m currently at North Carolina State University, majoring in agriculture, and with my degree, I plan to come back to Robeson and work alongside the great employees at Extension to serve the public of Robeson County.  Go Wolfpack!!

No comments: