Each year, the Dairy Photo Contest allows youth to put their creative talents to use in developing a message about the dairy industry for the consumer public. In design and development of the project, youth learn a great deal about the dairy industry. The contest is supported by The Dairy Alliance. For 2021, photo project submissions will be used to celebrate Dairy throughout the Holiday season. They will be shared through social media in celebration of Dairy during the Holidays. Please note the following rules:
1. Competition in this contest will be conducted on an individual basis in Division I (9-12 years of age), Division II (13-15 years of age), and Division III (16-19 years of age) at the county and state level. Youth in Division IV (5-8 years of age) may participate on a non-competitive basis at the county level only.
2. Entries can be a singular photo or incorporate up to 3 photos (collage). Entries with multiple photos can be mounted on poster board. All projects whether an individual photo or collage should be submitted electronically as an 8x10 image as .jpeg files.
3. Photos MUST NOT contain copyright material such as cartoon characters, etc. Photos also should not contain any personal identifiers or information (including farm names), without written permission of the owner.
4. All photos submitted must be the original work by youth entrant and will be accompanied by a photo copyright release form (attached to this link). Winning photos will be shared online by The Dairy Alliance and NC State Dairy Extension.
5. Photos must have been displayed at least once in a public place or shared through social media in the county.
Counties will determine winners in Divisions I through III. Electronic submissions are due to the 4-H Office by Monday December 5. Entries can be emailed to Shea Ann DeJarnette at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of 2021 Dairy Christmas Photo Contest Entry in the subject line of the email.
First and second place winners in each age category will be submitted to the state competition. The following cash prizes will be awarded to state winners in Division I, Division II, and Division III by The Dairy Alliance: First Place: $100, Second Place: $75, Third Place: $50