Thursday, May 28, 2020

Pandemic Diaries

The following was forwarded to us from the state 4-H office.  If you would like to participate please contact Shea Ann DeJarnette or Wendy Maynor with your submissions.  This came from Juli Leonard with the News and Observer.

"I am a visual journalist at The News & Observer and have been pulling together submissions from North Carolinians in a series for the past 11 weeks called Diary of a Pandemic, and I would like to share how young people involved in 4-H are adapting.

Here is a summary of the series that I have been sending out to participants:
The project would entail taking a minute or two to record a video of yourself talking about how the virus is affecting your life, your work or your community.  You can make this a one-time entry or send them along as you feel compelled to share.  If videos are not your preferred medium, photos and written essays can be shared instead.  I will be posting entries to a blog format on The News & Observer site as well as social media.  Here is a link to the blog so far.

The diaries are open to anyone who would like to share their story during this time in their own words.  I hope the series will bring us together as a state but to also serve as a collective memory project in the years to come to help future generations make sense of this time in history.

Let me know if you think anyone might be interested and I can send more details.  Also, please feel free to share my contact information with anyone else who might like to contribute.

Best.
-Juli" 

No comments: